Good morning Good morning! It’s Friday & it’s Valentine’s Day weekend! Whooooo!!! I sure hope you’re going to have a fabulous lovey weekend ahead!
Tonight is officially Galentine’s here at the Manor. My husband is out of town fishing, so we’re living it up with homemade pizzas, chick flicks & sugar comas! But first, we shall go see the new Nicholas Sparks movie for a full on girl’s night. I still need to find something to wear & clean up basically the entire house. I do have dessert ready & waiting in the fridge, because my priorities are right y’all.
We will be dining on this glorious piece of heaven right here. I know you all love chocolate lasagna at this point. I love it too.
This holiday is all about making everything red velvet though & I’m not one to fight the holiday spirit. So I amped things up with red velvet lasagna!
Although I could have used red velvet OREOs for the crust, like the traditional recipe, I veered. There was no stopping me once I found a boxed red velvet brownie mix. Top that with cream cheese, pink-tinted pudding, cool whip, white chocolate chips & sprinkles. Done.
Galentine’s dessert is served. Here’s the real deal recipe to make it for yourselves, whether that be the bae or the gals.
- 1 pkg red velvet brownie mix +ingredients
- 1- 8 oz pkg cream cheese (softened)
- 1- 12 oz container cool whip
- 1 c sugar
- 2 c + 1/4 c milk
- vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- Bake red velvet brownies according to package directions in a round cake pan. Let cool.
- Combine cream cheese, milk & sugar until fluffy.
- Add 1 c. cool whip to cream cheese mixture.
- Prepare pudding with 2 c. cold milk. Add pink food coloring.
- Place trifle dish upside onto brownie pan pushing through brownie layer to bottom of pan, like a giant cookie cutter.
- Carefully use brownie pan to flip trifle over letting the brownie fall inside.
- Push down brownie layer into bottom of trifle dish.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on top & spread evenly.
- Layer the pudding mixture on top & spread evenly.
- Add the remaining cool whip & spread evenly.
- Top with white chocolate chips & festive sprinkles.
- Chill until time to serve.
Happy Valentine’s Y’all!