If you’ve been keeping up with my Facebook live videos, you may remember this fun birthday craft from a few months ago! It was my sister’s birthday & I was trying to come up with a whimsy last minute centerpiece. I needed to use things I already had & it needed to be quick, so these oversized faux birthday candles were born! They are so easy to make & work for any age group! You can even let the kids make them!
You can line them up down the table for an eye-catching centerpiece &/or gather them in groups of 2-3 around the party area for extra decor!
I think they go great on a cake table!
Want to make these? Be sure to print the tutorial & supply list below!
- toilet paper rolls, empty
- white or patterned card stock/scrapbook paper
- markers (optional)
- yellow or orange tissue paper
- clear tape
- Print or draw stripes or other desired pattern onto card stock if not using scrapbook paper.
- Stack 2 toilet paper tubes on top of each other & twist them together so they attach & create a longer candle. Add a piece of tape if necessary.
- Lay toilet paper tube over card stock/paper & wrap the tube all the way around. Secure both ends of paper with tape.
- Create a tassel with a sheet of tissue paper-See video. Fold the sheet into quarters. On the opposite side of the top fold, cut strips 1" wide & 3" long across the bottom of the sheet.
- Roll tassel up & shake apart fringed top to fluff it up.
- Place tassel, fringe side up, into the candle, creating the flame.
- Fluff up until it stays in place & the tissue spills over the candle. Use tape to secure inside the rolls if necessary.
- Customize colors to match party theme/colors!
Hit play to watch the tutorial!
Customize the paper & colors to the theme of the party or the birthdayee’s (I know that’s not a word) fave colors!
Don’t Forget to Pin it for Later! —>
Birthday Blessings Y’all!