Happy Memorial Day Friends!
I hope you’re all having a nice day enjoying family & remembering all those who have fought & died for our freedom! I am truly thankful!
I’m a little behind on any patriotic decor this year & am just getting started this week! Yesterday I managed to get a sweet, little wreath together before Memorial Day. I have a thing for spray painting grapevine wreaths- I feel like it gives them a whole, new life! So this lucky grapevine wreath got a coat of turquoise.
I kept it super simple with a wooden “hello” sign from the Heidi Swapp collection at Michaels. It got a fresh coat of bright, red craft paint & was ready to go on the wreath! Lastly, I added 3 groups of bandana strips. I cut up a white, red & turquoise bandana then tied them into 3 groups of 3- one of each color in each group. I used hot glue to attach each grouping on one of the side the wreath, angling each knotted section down an inch from the last. I used hot glue to attach the “hello” too. Then it was ready to go!
This wreath can last all summer long! You can totally change up the color scheme/fabrics for different holidays too!
Print the directions & supply list below!
- grapevine wreath
- turquoise spray paint
- wooden "hello" sign
- red craft paint or spray paint
- 3 bandanas- red, turquoise & white
- hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Spray paint grapevine wreath turquoise, one side or both sides is fine. Let dry.
- Paint "hello" sign red. Let dry.
- Cut bandanas into strips longways, 1"-2" wide. Cut at least 3 strips of each color.
- Gather 1 red, 1 turquoise & 1 white bandana strip- knot together at one end. Repeat until you have 3 knotted bundles.
- Use hot glue to attach each knotted bundle to one side of the wreath. Attach an angle, dropping each bundle down an inch from the other (see photo).
- Use hot glue to attach the "hello" sign on the opposite side of wreath, angled toward the top.
- Hang & enjoy indoors or out!
- Change up colors scheme/fabrics for different holidays & seasons!
Don’t Forget to Pin it for Later —>
Blessings & Freedom Y’all!
PS- Linking up at some of my fave places, check ’em out!