Have y’all seen these adorably gigantic wreaths buzzing around Pinterest? I fell in love & we just had to have one for my niece’s Woodland One-derland! They are so simple & pretty cheap to make. The hardest part (for us) was actually finding the hula hoop & the letter balloons! We found the hoop at Walmart & the balloons are at Hobby Lobby. You can buy all the letters & numbers individually there!
Gather up your supplies then get to work customizing your own hula hoop wreath! They are especially great for birthdays, but work well for any occasion, celebration, holiday, theme & event!
- hula hoop
- spray paint
- letter balloons
- regular balloons
- Spray paint the hula hoop desired color. Remove any stickers on hula hoop prior to painting.
- Blow up letter balloons & string onto a piece of twine. Tightly tie twine to sides of hula hoop.
- Blow up balloons- various sizes & colors work best.
- Start tying balloons onto wreath as well. Scoot as close together as possible in groupings according to desired shape/look of wreath.
- Use tape to attach smallest balloons on top of the larger ones. Use tape to keep balloons close together & keep overall shape.
- Adjust until happy with placement.
- Use a long piece of twine to hang from ceiling, wall, etc.
We hung ours from the ceiling over the birthday girl’s high chair. It was the perfect touch for photos! Also, she LOVED the balloons, a whole lot more than the cake actually, lol. We added a few deer cutout to carry up the party theme. You can mix in greenery, flowers (fresh or faux), or any other themed party elements. I’m hoping to whip up a more permanent version for fall/Christmas decor!
Here she is with the rest of the party decor! It’s so simple & cheap to make, I hope you make one for your next special event! They make gorgeous wedding decor & fun baby shower backdrops!
They are truly customizable to any & every event.
Don’t Forget to Pin it for Later! —>
PS- Linking up at my fave places!
Check out the full Woodland One-derland party post here!