If you haven’t made a pumpkin roll because you’re too scared, the time is now!!!! You can totally do it! I was like you, so scared & I didn’t have a clue how it would work.
I’ve successfully made this thing a few times now & with my tips, you’ll rock it!
I made it on Facebook LIVE last night & shared all the things you need to know! We’re doing 10 Days of DIY Halloween over there & this was day 8! We have 2 days left!
Print the recipe below…
- PUMPKIN ROLL-
- Crisco for pan
- 3 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 2/3 c pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 c flour
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbs butter
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 c powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease a jellyroll pan with Crisco. Lay a piece of wax paper to cover bottom of pan. Grease wax paper with Crisco.
- Mix eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, baking soda, flour & cinnamon.
- Spread evenly on pan & bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown.
- While cake is cooking, prep a tea towel by placing it on the counter & sprinkling it with powdered sugar.
- When the roll cake is finished with baking, immediately place it upside down onto the tea towel with powdered sugar. Slowly peel up wax paper.
- Do not let it cool yet! Roll cake up in tea towel & chill for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter & vanilla to prepare icing. Once cake is cooled, unroll carefully. Spread icing evenly over cake & roll up. Sprinkle with more powdered sugar, top with whip cream & enjoy with ice cream! To serve, place on a tray seam side down.
Don’t Forget to Pin it for Later! —>